Author Topic: Cupholder Adapter Idea  (Read 2124 times)

Larry Lee

Cupholder Adapter Idea
« on: March 30, 2023, 11:33:56 PM »
I find the original Beaver cupholders to be useless for taller cups. Discovered 3" clean out adapters fit perfectly and now support a tall cup. E-Bay has them for around $8.50 Each or less if you buy more than one. I ordered quantity 3. Total came to $26.28 Free 2-3 Day shipping.

Hope this has been helpful to someone  ;)
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Larry Lee

Re: Cupholder Adapter Idea
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 11:36:53 PM »
Great find David. I searched Amazon and missed these. Great price too!

Larry Lee

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2023, 10:57:59 PM »
FYI: I ordered and received the Amazon cupholders above and found them to be loose and sloppy in the Beaver cupholder-I myself prefer the snug fit using the 3" plumbing adapter. I recommend folks try both and keep what they like best. Keep the product ideas coming please.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2023, 07:32:28 AM »
I too have a couple similar to the Amazon ones that I got decades ago for our Explorer and F-150, but rarely use them because they fit sloppily, and add height to the whole holding attempt.  Cups, especially taller ones they’re meant to help hold, kept lopping over holder and all.  Shorter mugs with handles with a lower center of gravity work better, esp. with the handle slots.  But anything you set in there tends to make the built-in holder’s bottom just that much higher, so it needs to fit snugly.

The clean-out adapters sound like an idea, and handle slots could be cut in them.  Thumbs up, Larry.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat