Author Topic: Patriot '96 replace Aqua Hot fuel line  (Read 1173 times)

Robert McCormack

• BAC Member
Patriot '96 replace Aqua Hot fuel line
« on: June 01, 2023, 07:25:37 PM »
Looking for info on how to replace the fuel line from the fuel tank to the Aqua Hot pump input on a '96 Patriot.   Appears the line attaches to top of tank which would indicated need to drop the tank to some degree to access the line.   Does the front suspension truck need to be  removed or can it be dropped as far down as possible once shocks are disconnected to allow dropping the fuel tank enough to gain access to fuel line connection.  Read somewhere years ago about this being possible.  The big RV shop that works it seems hesitant.

Do the Aqua hot and the generator share access to the tank or are they each separate.

Appreciate any information. 
96 Patriot

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
Re: Patriot '96 replace Aqua Hot fuel line
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2023, 12:56:36 AM »
Robert,
On mine you can loosen the tank and then tilt it down enough to get to the top. I drove the MH up on ramps lifting it 4 1/2 inches. I then raised the coach to full ride height the blocked between the frames.  I put the jacks down and then placed other jacks and blocking around the frame.

At this point I got a motorcycle jack and slid it under the fuel tank.  I loosened up and then removed the straps and lowered the fuel tank until I could get to the top. With everything blocked up it wasn't  to tight under the MH.  The more fuel you can get out the better!  I had to buy 2 55 gallon drums since mine was full at the time.

Hope this helps you some.
Carl

98 Beaver Patriot Savannah
330 hp Cat 3126

Robert McCormack

• BAC Member
Re: Patriot '96 replace Aqua Hot fuel line
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 04:31:21 AM »
Great info
96 Patriot