Author Topic: high water pressure  (Read 5168 times)

James Murphy

high water pressure
« on: September 18, 2011, 09:45:43 PM »
On a recent camping trip I hooked up my water hose without a gage to regulate the pressure. Needless to say this will be the last time I ever do that again. Water pressure was very high and it blew the plug with valve handle on it completely out. This was cold water valve on the outside plumbing compartment. Tryed putting it back in but water pressure would blow it out again when water was turned on. Spent the entire camping trip with no water. My fresh water tank was at 75% so I thought i would use water but only had hot water since it was cold water valve that blew. We just used empty gallon water jugs to flush and showered at the bathhouse. None of the local RV business had a replacement valve. I would appreciate any insight on where I ccould get new valve or anyone who has expierienced this before. I have 2000 Beaver patriot concord 33' DP

Gerald Farris

Re: high water pressure
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 04:37:20 AM »
James,
Your city water inlet fitting has a pressure regulator built into it unless someone has disabled it to increase the water flow in the coach when on city water.

Repair parts for your fresh water system are available at any large hardware store, with the exception of parts like the city water inlet, and those will have to come from a RV parts store.

I always use a full flow Watts adjustable pressure regulator at the faucet to protect my hose as well as my coach from excessive water pressure.

Gerald  

Butch Martin

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 04:42:16 AM »
I always put the regulator on the faucet, like mentioned above so you also don't blow up a hose.
The RV park in Gold Beach will definitely blow up your system from high pressure, thankfully someone warned me ahead of time.

Butch

James Murphy

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 02:46:38 PM »
This happened at oceanlakes family campground, myrtle beach, sc. I have a plumbing compartment on drivers side with many valves. The valve in mention was cold water valve. The pressure completely blew the plug with chrome plated valve handle out. I would push it back in, turn on water and it would blow out again. Now I know I could go practically anywhere and buy a valve and have it installed but it would not be same as original and different from the rest unless i choose to replace all of them which may not be a bad idea since coach is 11 yrs old. Looks like the whole back panel needs to come out to inspect plumbing for any further damage, this panel needs to come out to replace the valve itself i would imagine. Called Beaver/monoco folks and you know the deal, they only have parts info for 2002 models and above. Since I have a 2000 patriot they want me to take pictures. If there are any folks out there who knows the mfgr of these valves, this might be of some help.

Jill Stevens

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 03:14:00 PM »
James: it looks like we have similar problems.  The hot water on/off handle to our shower blew out of the water control manifold yesterday.  There is a ring that screws on and holds the valve into the panel -- on ours it cracked (old/aging plastic?), allowing the valve to back out.  I am searching for the part and if I find a source I will share it here as well as on the question I posed. We also want to replace it with the same / OEM part.

JimDyer

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 10:42:13 PM »
There's anothe thread on the forum front page about getting the manifold valves from Beaver Coach sales in Bend, OR

http://forum.bacrallies.com/m-1316388437/s-new/#num4