Author Topic: Air leak  (Read 1290 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Air leak
« on: June 17, 2023, 01:31:00 AM »
For the last several years an air leak has gotten worse.   The result was different each time it was leveled or remained on travel height. 
Recently the better half was standing near bye as I shut down the engine.  To her the escaping air was very noticeable but I could not hear it.
The culprit was the parking brake valve and connections.
New Hastings valve from Napa and new quick release fittings.  Trim the line to a more snug fit.  No more leak.
My thinking was the leaking quick release fitting was leaking but the valve was leaking very slowly as well.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
Re: Air leak
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2023, 01:00:11 AM »
Keith,

I totally get where you are coming from, every time I try to hear a leak I can not hear anything but background noise.  My wife can hear it, but never wants to get under the coach to look.  That and finding the leaks is usually the hard part!  I have one or two more leaks to run down, but they are minor.  I guess you could chase perfection from now until the end of time! 
Carl

98 Beaver Patriot Savannah
330 hp Cat 3126

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Air leak
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023, 10:56:18 AM »
Carl
With the quick connect fittings etc. perfection is not going to happen so I agree with you.
The reason for my post was mostly a heads up.  I didnt know my park brake was going south but knew there was an air leak.  Seems to me we could all be aware.
BTW, I made a recording on my phone and could hear that air leak.  I wonder if that would help underneath.  Food for thought.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!