Author Topic: Part number for a cat 3126 serpentine belt on a 98 patriot with a rear radiator  (Read 810 times)

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
Hopefully someone can help me out.  I was just south of New  Orleans when my new serpentine belt shredded off.  Luckily I had a used belt and got it put on  and continued driving.   I am now just south of Atlanta and would like to find another belt or 2 for the last 5 hours drive home.   Does anyone know a part  umber?  Tried calling cat today and they couldn't help.  The campground I am in doesn't have a usable signal for my hotspot so I'm doing this on my cell.   Thanks for any help
Carl

98 Beaver Patriot Savannah
330 hp Cat 3126
The following users thanked this post: jesse burdette

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
Carl
My 1997 has a side rad but I think they both use the same belt
Serpentine belt NAPA #25-080700
Water pump belt NAPA #17345
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
Thanks Eric,

I ended up getting a NAPA 25-080710HD,  was told it was the heavy duty version as well as a extra 25.00.  Got up early this morning and was on the phone when everyone opened.  Drove 20 miles each way to the NAPA that was less 5 miles away as the crow flies.  Picked up the belt and got under way a couple of hours later than planned.

I haven't actually put this belt on yet, the used one got us home and still looks good.  I'll switch them out later.  For anyone following this the serpentine is easy to switch out, but you will need a 1/2 in wrachet, or 1/2 in breaker bar to put in the tensioner slot to get the belt on or off.
Carl

98 Beaver Patriot Savannah
330 hp Cat 3126