Author Topic: Water under the coach  (Read 595 times)

George Frudakis

• BAC Member
Water under the coach
« on: April 09, 2024, 02:43:17 AM »
Passenger side about 2 feet in Infront of the rear tires there is a pipe coming down that just started to drip water. I tried to download a picture, but it would not allow me to do so. I had a full tank of water and the coach leans toward the rear could this be water overflow for the freshwater tank.?
George Frudakis
2002 Marquis, Jasper
Ford F150 Platinum

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Water under the coach
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 01:00:53 PM »
First thought:  Our coach has three roof AC/heat pumps.  Each unit has a condensation drain tube built into the ceiling and sidewall where it exits the coach just above the roadway.  If your ACs are running in humid conditions, then these drain tubes will drain away condensation created in the roof ACs.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 01:12:36 PM »
George
As David stated there are drains that run out just ahead of the passenger side rear tires one of them is the drain for the fridge if your fridge is defrosting melting ice off the cooling fins inside the water drains out to the rear of the fridge where it is connected to a pex pipe which takes it to the rear wheel wheel area.

Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

David Ciotti

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2024, 11:52:42 AM »
On my 2002 Marquis that pipe is a low point drain in the box that houses the water pump and the ice maker cutoff.  I learned this when a service tech was repairing my water pump which would not pump water anymore.  It stopped when I let the fresh water tank run out of water.  It turns out that my water pump did not self prime and had to be coaxed into pumping water again by removing the water filter at the pump and opening both hot and cold water faucets in the water bay and running the pump for several minutes.  It is working fine now.
2002 Marquis Jasper. 40'. Cat C12

Bryan Beamon

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2024, 02:56:06 PM »
George, if you are hooked up to city water that could be your over flow for your fresh water tank. One of 2 things could cause this. Your water pump is allowing water to flow back into your tank or your city water on off valve is leaking. If you can see your fresh water tank mark a line to see if the water level is increasing.
C & Bryan Beamon
2006  to present
2007 Contessa 42ft Cat C-9 400hp
1996 to 2006 97 Beaver Patriot Camden

George Frudakis

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2024, 05:25:03 PM »
You are correct it is the overflow of my holding tank. Thank you.
George Frudakis
2002 Marquis, Jasper
Ford F150 Platinum