Author Topic: Inverter  (Read 8203 times)

jfitterman

Inverter
« on: June 02, 2009, 02:04:25 AM »
Can anyone give me a quick lesson on the inverter.   We are full timing and almost always contected.   Should it be on or off, when is it
time to use it?? We are in a 04 Monerey,  Please help

John Fitterman
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:43:06 PM by 14 »

George Harwell

Re: Inverter
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 01:07:55 PM »
John, I have an 03 Monterey and the only time I use it is when I am not connected to shore power and want to make a pot of coffee or watch the tv. The thing you must remember is to put the refrigerator on gas when on the inverter or it will take the batterys down more rapidly. Some people turn it on with shore power connected and it goes into standby mode. If shore power fails it comes online keeping things running. I prefer to leave it off and then there is no doubt which source of power is active. Just another tip, keep the battery water serviced as you are probably connected to shore power most of the time. I spend the winter in Florida and have to add approximately 100 cc of distilled water to each cell every 2 months. Hope this clears the air for you.

George

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 02:05:55 PM »
As long as house battery charger workes with the inverter switched off your OK. Some inverter/chargers can be programed to only charge your batteries when the inverter is turned on. As mentioned by George above if left on and not needed will go into the idle mode.

Tom Rogers

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 05:23:59 PM »
On my 06 Monterey I use the inverter if not pluged into shore power or using the generator. I don't run it for long periods of time. 3 hours for TV, coffee pot a half hour and keep my eye on battery voltage level. I turn it to the off position when on shore or generator power .... I read the manual but couldn't locate whether mfg suggests that mode of operation. Also when I have the inverter on I set the auto turn on mode for the generator .... it turns on when the batts are down to 11 volts.

George Harwell

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 07:31:05 PM »
John, just read the June issue of FMCA family motor coaching and on page 23 top right is an article by Ralph Mack concerning inverter use.

George
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:42:23 PM by 14 »

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 09:26:19 PM »
On my 2006 Monterey there are separate on/off switches on the control panel for the charger function and the inverter function.  

Don Beukers

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 11:03:31 PM »
I have an '05 Marquis and have left the inverter :) on all the time because of the electric home style refrigerator. No problems to this date.

jfitterman

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 04:00:52 AM »
Thanks to all for your help and advise...