Author Topic: slide out locks  (Read 5985 times)

Jim Shaw

slide out locks
« on: March 31, 2009, 03:19:06 AM »
My 2003 Monterey has Slide out locks on the main slide that  has springs in them so they retrack when the slide is out. If they do not retrack they will stay out and damage the seal when the slide comes in. They have three springs in them and will not operate properly if the springs break. Mine have broke and with Monaco closed there is nothing available. I called Bend and Robert does not have any. Does anyone know who makes them or where I can obtain new springs? Also has anyone had this problem?

Jimymc

Re: slide out locks
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 02:32:49 AM »
We had one of our slideroom locks bend and come inside the coach.  Then we couldn't open the room because the bent portion was up against the wall, inside the coach.  We took it to Monaco's repair facility in Wildwood, but they closed before we could get it fixed.  We are currently at Lazy Days in Seffner, Fl., near Tampa,where they had the locks in stock and have replaced them with a newer type.  Monaco told us that they only could get the newer type and could only get them as a pair.  Price for the pair is around $1,100.  You may wish to contact Lazy Days to see if they have another set.

Jim Shaw

Re: slide out locks
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 10:57:37 PM »
Robert from the Bend service center was able to tell me that the slide locks were made by Power Gear. I contacted them and was able to get three new springs at a very reasonable price. Installed them and lock works great.
Jim