Author Topic: levelers  (Read 5621 times)

Larry Beeman

levelers
« on: June 07, 2009, 11:07:17 PM »
After 2 yrs of operating the levelers on my 2003 Patriot suddenly quit working. The repair shop contacted the controller mfg and the jack mfg (out of business). The controller mfg gave him the recalibrate scheme which produced no positive results. The hyd pump runs ok but the jacks do not jack. Any ideas?

Larry Beeman

Gerald Farris

Re: levelers
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 04:25:24 AM »
I have never worked on an 03 Patriot hydraulic leveling system, but all of the automatic leveling systems are basically the same. The control unit takes input from a level sensor to turn on the hydraulic pump and open and close electric solenoid valves to extend the jacks to level the coach.

The problem can be very simple or complex. My leveling system quit once and after a lot of looking and head scratching I traced the problem to a loose wire at the switch panel (2 minute repair and 1 day to find it).

The only way to repair a leveling system is to diagnose it properly first, because there are too many possibilities and some can be expensive. If you do not feel qualified, you should locate a repair shop with the experience and assets to properly diagnose your system - like Beaver Coach Sales in Bend.

Gerald

Jerry Pattison

Re: levelers
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 01:55:51 AM »
I have had the same problem (levelers are dead) after driving over a rough road.  I pulled the operating panel at the drivers' console and found a wire connector had fallen off.  I replace it and put some silicon glue to hold it in place.  Been OK since.