Author Topic: Slide out droop  (Read 7251 times)

Bruce Benson

Slide out droop
« on: June 14, 2009, 04:25:58 AM »
On our 2001 Marquis the front slide out is drooping slightly, perhaps 3/8 of an inch in the rear and is noticeable when retracted and by the cabinet kick dragging slightly on the floor.  The extending arm mechanism seems secure to the frame and slide out wall with no sign of wear on the rollers.  The design of the arm attachment to the slide out wall almost precludes the possibility that it slipped there.  The drop happened some time (years) ago and seems stable now.  

My question concerns how the slide is supported.  There are rollers that support the floor of the slide as it moves in and out.  The rear roller seems sound and in place but I have to wonder if it has collapsed in some way.  It is quite difficult to access for a good inspection.  

What would you think about jacking up the slide out end, inserting and attaching a shim, perhaps a sheet of aluminum, between the floor and the rear roller for the full width that the roller rides on?  If the rear roller is what is holding it up, that would seem to be a solution to my problem.  
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 08:19:34 AM by 275 »

Forrest King

Re: Slide out droop
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 02:44:44 PM »
Sounds like a roller came loose. Had that problem on my 2006 Monterey. Got acess to the rollers through the cabnet bottom by removing then renforiced the are where roller was attached and had no problem since.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 05:19:23 PM »
On the 2001 Marquis, the outboard slideout rollers (6) are visible from under the coach with the slide fully extended. The inboard rollers are under the kitchen cabinets and the sofa. It sounds like your problem is the rear inboard roller. On most floorplans, that roller is visible by removing the rear kitchen drawers. If the roller is in place, it will require removing the roller and shiming under it to gain the needed height. It is also possible that lowering the outboard end of the slide is what is needed to give you proper alignment of the slide.

Proper alignment of the large kitchen slide on the 2000-2002 Marquis is not simple or easy because of it's weight and size, and is best left to an expert unless you are a fairly competent mechanic or it is something simple like a loose or out of place roller.

Gerald    

Tim Bentley Co-Admin

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 06:13:05 PM »
We had a similar problem on our 03 Marquis.  We took it to Richard Boatman at Bend Equipment repair and he said over time the slides can settle.  Richards solution was to place an aluminum runway along the bottom of the slide for each roller.  This approach not only lifted the slide but also protect the bottom the the slide from wear.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 05:49:06 PM by 14 »

Bruce Benson

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 05:37:00 PM »
The settling is what I was thinking as well.  The roller appears to be OK as best I can inspect it.  The aluminum ramps or runways are what I was contemplating.  I believe Richard is a smart guy and I will go along with his thinking on this one.  Thanks for all of the input.

JOHN MAJOR

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 01:48:56 AM »
In  ref. to comments on the marquis 03, is there an adjustment  to raise or lower the kitchen slide? When unit was new, dealer made a make shift fix installing a stop bolt on outboard end slide. Slide is drooping again. Stop bolt has bend back roller on outboard side shows wear? Any ideas?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 05:52:43 PM by 14 »

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 12:11:16 PM »
[face=Geneva][/face][justify][/justify]We just had a similar problem resolved on our 98 Patriot.  Coach Masters in Bend explained that there is a 3/8 in. stud which gets bent over time.  This is supposed to cary and distribute some of the weight of our kitchen slide. This was actualy a recall for this year Pat.  The repair involves a small aluminum plate and a straightening of the stud.  I believe they charged me 1 hr. and $20. parts.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!