Author Topic: Aladdin Message - AC Input Open Ground?  (Read 3580 times)

Bill Brown

Aladdin Message - AC Input Open Ground?
« on: December 14, 2011, 02:06:26 AM »
We are in Yuma, hooked to 50 amp shore Power on a private lot.  Today we had an unusual amount of rain and I noticed we were getting an intermitten loud buzzing sound from the power pedestal.  Concerned we may be having power input problems, I checked the Aladdin monitor to see how our power was doing.  When I first clicked into the "Coach Electrical Status", all looked normal except for a momentary "red lettered " AC Input Open Ground".  After about an hour I again checked Aladdin's Coach Electricial Status and again saw the red "AC Input Open Ground".  My autoformer shows everything normal.   So my question is "What exactly is Aladdin telling me, when I see "AC Input Open Ground" and returns to its normal display"Shore Power Selected"?

Thanks for any assistance.
William Brown
06 Monterey, Laguna IV
C-9

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
Re: Aladdin Message - AC Input Open Ground?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 04:32:07 AM »
There is nothing wrong with your coach. The pedestal your plugged into has a weak or loose ground, or is corroded. We had it happen on our Bodega Bay Rally. Because of the coastal weather the campground said they have that problem once a year on power pedestals. They only discover it when a coach with sensitive electronics comes in.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Bill Brown

Re: Aladdin Message - AC Input Open Ground?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 04:24:01 PM »
Jim,
Thanks for the info.  I reported the problem to the owner, who indicated the local power company wasn't concerned.  Glad to hear all's well with the coach electronics.
Thanks again.
Bill
06 Monterey, Lagunaa IV
C-9