Author Topic: Norcold 1200RIM  (Read 4552 times)

Fred Nikirk

Norcold 1200RIM
« on: December 15, 2011, 12:50:35 PM »
I have a 2001 PT. My frezer is at 8 and my frig is at 25 is there any way to raise my frig temp without changing my frezer temp.
Fred

Joel Weiss

Re: Norcold 1200RIM
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 02:41:12 PM »
Go here http://bryantrv.com/docs.html and download the service guide for the fridge.  It will explain how to put it into diagnostic mode.  I think it sounds as if the thermistor is defective, but that will be something you will know after doing the diagnostics.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 02:48:51 PM »
Fred,
Since your frig only has one refrigerant loop and one thermostat, there is no way that I have ever heard of to change the temperature in the frig without affecting the freezer. You may try calling Norcold technical support to see if they have any method of segregating the frig and freezer better.  

Gerald

Dick Simonis

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 03:30:10 PM »
At on time I called Norcold about the same problem on my TT and was told that you may be able to change the freezer/fridge relationship by moving the thermistor position.  Just can't rember which way does what.

Mine runs a ~0 freezer and 28 fridge but nothing freezes in the fridge and the beer is cold so I'm OK with it.  Also, stuff is going in and out all day which bring the temp up a bit.

Fred Nikirk

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 12:06:30 AM »
I called norcold and there is no adjustment. I guess i will just put up with soft ice cream and cold beer. Thanks for your help.
Fred

Joel Weiss

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 06:19:42 PM »
That's why we installed a residential fridge a few months ago.  It is the best improvement we've made--1.5x times the storage capacity, cold ice cream, lots of ice.  What's not to like!  :)