Author Topic: Black tank flusher  (Read 4469 times)

William Mathews

Black tank flusher
« on: January 14, 2012, 02:40:34 PM »
The black tank flusher has sprung a leak. Water is dripping out around the hook up for draining the holding tanks. I'm sure it is the flusher as the dripping stops when water is turned off to the flusher. I assume the bulkhead that holds the water manifold will have to be removed to get at the flushing pipeing. Do the knobs on the water manifold just pull off? When the screws from bulkhead are removed, is there enough slack in the lines in back to pull the bulkhead out enough to get behind it? Any advice will more than welcome!
Bill M
03 Contessa

Tom and Pam Brown

Re: Black tank flusher
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 03:54:39 PM »
Bill,

My lines gave enough slack to pull out enough to see.  But you will probably have to disconnect the two lines that are connected to the manifold to get good access.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 04:58:51 PM »
Bill,
Different year and model coaches require different items to be removed or disconnected to gain access to the the plumbing that is behind the panel in the plumbing bay. It will not be difficult to remove the panel, however it will be tedious and time consuming on most coaches. The knobs just pull off on most coaches, however the manifold for the valves that the knobs control are usually bolted to the panel. So you will probably have to remove the attaching screws for the manifolds and disconnect the water lines to the outside shower and city water fill to gain access.

Gerald

William Mathews

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 11:33:41 AM »
Thanks all for the info!
Bill M
03 Contessa