Author Topic: 2008 Contessa Wiring Diagram  (Read 7093 times)

Wayne Baumann

2008 Contessa Wiring Diagram
« on: January 22, 2012, 02:02:40 AM »
Gil,
I forgot to ask you, if you ever got a wiring CD from Monaco.
Wayne

Gil_Johnson

Re: 2008 Contessa Wiring Diagram
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 01:41:54 PM »
I did get wiring diagrams.  They aren't 100% complete, but are close.  I'm trying to figure out where the awning get's it's power from and which relay it goes through.  There's too much voltage drop when it attempts to return.

JimDyer

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 02:15:25 PM »
Gil,

I,d be a little careful on that so you don't burn out the motor.  To me the first step would be to wash the awning to remove any dirt that is making the fabric stiff, then grease all of the moving parts you can reach.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 05:05:53 AM by 14 »

Gil_Johnson

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 05:10:37 PM »
Jim, I hear you.  The motor was replaced thinking it was the motor.  There's almost no parts to lubricate.  I've heard of other late model Contessas with the same problem.  In at least one case they ran the proper sized wire directly to the main power panel.  Although fixing the problem, their awning always has power available.  I'd prefer wiring that includes a lock out relay like it has today.  Power is not available to the awning when the ignition is on.  I just have not been able to find the relay or fuse controlling the awning.  It looks like it's time to crawl around underneath to trace the wiring.

Don and Kathy DuCharme

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 02:23:41 AM »
Gil, not sure where the power comes from, but in our 07 Contessa the fuse for the awning is in the little fuse compartment in the bathroom.  It is the second fuse down on the left side(circuit 8) labeled t-stats, sat. power, and TV boost.  No mention of awning.  It is a 10amp fuse.  I found it after blowing the fuse while working on the awning. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:10:52 AM by 114 »
07 Contessa
C9;400HP

Gil_Johnson

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 03:49:08 AM »
Thanks Donald, that's the panel I expected to find it on.  I guess it not being labeled is why I didn't find it.  My plan is to wire a 20A circuit front the front power bay to the awning.  I'll be using 10GA wire to ensure the voltage drop is minimum.

marty christensen

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 09:34:54 PM »
Gil, my relay for the awning is in the front power bay.  It is not on the circuit board, but located next to it.  I found it by the labels on the wire leading from the relay.  This relay is right next to the tag axle lift relay.  

Hope this helps.

Marty

2008 Contessa, 400 HP

Gil_Johnson

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 11:51:30 PM »
Marty, thanks!  I have no idea why that group of relays are not labeled.  All relays and fuses on the large DC panel are labeled; why not these.  These extra relats are also not included in the wiring diagrams.

So, the awning power comes from the fuse panel in the toilet room and then goes to the driver's side front power bay and then to awning.  That's a long run on 14GA if the awning draws near 15 amps.

Thanks again,