Author Topic: Norcold 1200LRM  (Read 5047 times)

Dennis Crawford

Norcold 1200LRM
« on: February 02, 2012, 05:51:31 PM »
OK.  I am at wits end dealing with my friend's 1200LRM.  He was getting the NOCO message so I jumped the appropriate pin and got rid of that.  Also the glass fuse was blown.  I replaced it and it blew again.  The two heating elements are within Norcold ohm range.  It is now running on propane, but I can not get to the cooling fan thermostat or the cooling fans to test them without pulling the unit out. If they are working, I still have an AC problem.  May still be a bad heater or power board.  If I have to pull the unit, the Country Coach as a very large window that we can use.  Has anyone replaced Norcold with residential.  If so, which unit did you use and how did you wire it to the inverter and is the 2000 W inverter enough.

I know this is long, but this has been frustrating.

Keith Oliver

Re: Norcold 1200LRM
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 01:19:49 AM »
Dennis:
Have you reviewed the other threads on Norcold problems?  We ended up with a new cooling unit in Nov, after similar problems.  Norcold subsequently disclosed they have a recall on certain years of cooling units, including ours, but we had already spent the $ on an Ahmish Cooling unit, so haven't heard any more from Norcold.  Your friend might qualify.

Dennis Crawford

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 01:47:20 AM »
Yes, I have reviewed the Norcold posts.  This one is in my neighbor's Country Coach.  I have some repair ability and have traced this one to possibly the cooling fans.  I have to pull the unit to get to them.  Even if I repair that, I still have the AC issue.  My friend says if we have to take it out, we will take it all the out and replace with a Samsung Residential.

Dennis

Keith Oliver

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 03:21:43 AM »
I am less interested now that my Norcold is getting religion (Amish cooling unit that works great), but please let us know when the Samsung is in: anything to watch out for with the installation, how power hungry is the residential unit, etc.

Dennis Crawford

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 10:52:19 PM »
OK.  We removed the Norcold 1200 today.  Heavy, but we got it out.  The nice thing is the Country Coach entry door is large enough to get the Norcold out.  We have now removed and plugged the propane line.  Tomorrow I will do the electrical work.  Just going to switch the microwave and reefer so Samsung will work on inverter.

Dennis