Author Topic: Awning roller spring problem  (Read 5840 times)

Tim Bentley

Awning roller spring problem
« on: July 07, 2009, 09:50:19 PM »
Went to roll up my Carefree of Colorado awning over the front slide and found that the spring tension was gone.  Apparently the spring is broken or has come loose.  Before I tackle the repair, thought I would ask for advice.  The Owner's manual does not give a clear picture as to where the spring is, or how to repair it.  Does anyone have experience with this awning?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 05:41:34 PM by 1 »

Gerald Farris

Re: Awning roller spring problem
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 11:38:04 PM »
I have replaced the spring on a Carefree window awning that is probably very similar to your awning. The spring is part of the hub that goes on the end of the roller tube. There are two springs (one on each end), so you will need to know if you need the right or left spring. You will need a pop rivet gun and a drill to replace the spring if it is like the window awning.

Gerald  

Paul Schwalen

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 09:22:41 PM »
If you call Carefree at 303.469.3324 they will email you an instruction sheet that will explain how to take care of the problem.  :)

Tim Bentley Co-Admin

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 03:50:51 PM »
Sent an Email to Carefree of Colorado and they have sent me instructions for replacing the spring.  Will post how the repair went for those of you who run into this problem in the future.

Thank you for your help

Tim