Author Topic: trouble opening coach door  (Read 7059 times)

Carol W Luetjen

trouble opening coach door
« on: July 15, 2009, 02:47:51 PM »
Our front door on 06 Monterey doesn't open often after unlocking  :(

Gerald Farris

Re: trouble opening coach door
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 02:29:17 AM »
If you are unlocking the door with a keypad, you probably have dirty, corroded or damaged contact pins on the hinge side of the door and door jamb.

Gerald

Tom Rogers

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 03:53:34 AM »
Could you be more specific? Won't un-lock when you use the FOB, keypad or key? Are you locked out or in?

Jim Shaw

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 01:14:42 PM »
I had this happen on my 2003 Monterey and it turned out to be the screen door not releasing. It just took a adjustment of the screen door latch to fix it. Have someone inside watching while you try opening from the outside. Also make sure the deadbolt lock is unlocking completely.

Carol W Luetjen

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 02:38:18 PM »
when we unlock it clicks open but the handle/latch won't release it were told the two 'catches' on left side had to 'float' and loosened them it worked a few times but not now again

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 12:24:55 AM »
The sticking door latch thing just happened to me yesterday.  After climbing through an unlocked window, I was able to open the door from the inside.  I sprayed silicone lubricant in all the available openings, and it now seems to work OK.  If you have an access panel on the inside of the door, remove the screws holding it and then spray lubricant on all moving parts.  My door has carpeting glued on the inside, so removing it to get to the access panel is a bigger job.  I will do that if it occurs again.  Hope this helps.

Larry

Carol W Luetjen

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 02:48:06 AM »
Thanks Larry we took the door all apart when it first started and it worked for a while then quit that was a job to get the screws in correctly. :(

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 02:02:57 PM »
I had have had troubles getting the door to release after unlocking when the heat/sun has caused it to expand some.  A tech told me to lean on the door some and it released.  Might want to be aware of this also.