Author Topic: RECALL  (Read 11888 times)

Gil_Johnson

Re: RECALL
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 12:07:16 AM »
Larry,

Sometimes it's less embarrassing to replace something rather than admit to an installation problem.  This MAY be the case here.  I think it's important to note that IOTA is not involved in the recall.  I suspect if their product was proven defective they would be involved and would have to replace ALL suspect product.  On IRV2 one person reported loose connections that resulted in the connector, not the relays, over heating.  I have yet to hear of a relay failing; I just saying...

Sean Donohue

Re: RECALL
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 07:35:46 PM »
Back on line... Checked in the rear compartment on the passenger side, opened the black box labeled IOTA ITS 50R and checked for loose screws... None found. I was an aircraft mechanic and while I do not have a torque wrench, my arm is calibrated... JK. The terminal connections are at or above the 40 InPds. I also inspected the wiring and there is no sign of over heating or loose connections or arching. Thanks again for the updates and information on resolving this ourselves... Gil we owe you a beer or two... or three...