Author Topic: Tire Temperature  (Read 20221 times)

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Tire Temperature
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2013, 05:27:00 AM »
When leaving the coach with the toad attached, I remove the keys, lock it and put a clothes-pin on the coach driver's seat to remind myself to prep the toad before taking off again in the RV.
Simple but it works (so far).
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Sean Donohue

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 06:45:29 PM »
I hear ya Joel..

It was once, parked in an area I would have normally avoided, but it happened. Taking the keys isn't a problem with the Honda. I go thru the towing start up, shift the gears, and leave it running while I do the departure walk around anyway. It is the only pain about the Honda, every 200 miles it should be done...

Besides, taking the keys equalizes the threat of theft. If a thief wants it, they will take it. The insurance covers it and it is over 160K rolling miles... Maybe I should leave the keys in it....

Marty and Suzie Schenck

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 09:01:50 PM »
On my Jeep vehicles, they need a key with a chip in them to run the engine, no chip in key, engine  quits in about 10 seconds. I use a key with no chip in it to unlock the steering to tow. I will not lock my toad to the MoHo in any form or fashion! If my coach becomes disabled or catches fire I want to disconnect in a hurry and not have to fool around with keys and locks. My hitch pin is a quick release type and so are my safety cables. My wife and I can disconnect the two in about 10 seconds. Just my way of doing things.
Marty