Author Topic: Breaker question  (Read 4526 times)

Mary and Mike Boone

Breaker question
« on: April 28, 2012, 07:13:17 PM »
Between our front and rear Air Conditioner breaker switches in main box, there is a switch labeled micro (csa) 20 amp.  It doesn't control the microwave, so what does it control?   We are camping with a 30 amp hookup, so have it off, and wasn't sure what we had turned off.  Can't find a diagram in our Beaver manual for ac box.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 07:35:22 PM by 6570 »

Gerald Farris

Re: Breaker question
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 07:40:52 PM »
Mary and Mike,
What year and model is your coach?

Gerald

Mary and Mike Boone

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 07:46:46 PM »
2000 Beaver Marquis.  Thanks!  

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 08:25:42 PM »
If nothing obvious like the mirowave seems to respond to it then the next best thing would be to shut off all 120V breakers but the main and the micro one in question and try all your appliances and outlets with something portable that uses 120V. If that does not turn up anything then you could pull the AC breaker panel cover and see if any wire is attached. If not then you have a spare. If there is you could assume that it was dead ended somewhere for an accessory that you do not have on the coach. I'll assume that all your GFCI outlets are working and in a non fault condition when you run the test so that you do not rule out a set of outlets falsely. Hope this helps.

Later Ed

Mary and Mike Boone

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 08:52:07 PM »
Great plan.   That should be a good way to troubleshoot this.    I find it interesting that our Manual for the coach didn't include a schematic for the main AC breaker panel.  

Thanks Ed.

Mary B
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:03:48 PM by 14 »

Gerald Farris

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 11:31:09 PM »
Mary,
In my 2000 Marquis the 20A Micro (CSA) breaker was originally powering nothing (no wire was running to the breaker). I used that circuit as one of the circuits to power my Comfort Hot System when I installed it.

Gerald