Author Topic: False Aladdin Readings  (Read 5603 times)

Michael Collins

False Aladdin Readings
« on: July 23, 2009, 01:13:58 PM »
Under Coach Electrical Status, our Aladdin displayed XXX’s for AC voltage, amperage, and frequency on both legs. We had just experienced high voltage. Our coach monitoring system disconnected us from the power grid and our AC devices were working with the inverter. The XXX’s remained with us for several days even though all AC devices were working with grid power, then the Aladdin decided to give correct readings again.

Does anyone know what was going on with the Aladdin?

Mike

Gerald Farris

Re: False Aladdin Readings
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 02:36:08 PM »
I am no expert on an Aladdin system as I have never owned one, but most automotive computer systems have a self-protective system built into them to lock-up the unit if it receives excess voltage to prevent burn-out. This sounds like your case as most units are set-up to go back on-line when certain parameters are met (time, voltage, temperature, etc. ).

Gerald

Paul Schwalen

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 03:31:38 PM »
I have been using the Alladin for 2+ years now and have experienced the same thing.  I finally figured out that if I turn the Alladin on before the 8 seconds shutdown has completed (when you shut the engine down) that sometimes this xxxx business happens.  To solve the issue I turn the Alladin off at the push button on the display then turn it back on and it usually is OK.  (sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries)  Also, I try not to turn the Alladin on before the 8 second shutdown and wait for the shutdown and then turn it back on if needed.  :)

Don Beukers

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 08:54:53 PM »
Try the Alladin reset button to start everything over.

Don