Author Topic: INVERTER - Heart Freedom 20D combo  (Read 3725 times)

Larry Fritz

• BAC Member
  • 98 Patriot Ticonderoga - 37' Blue/White, 3126B CAT
INVERTER - Heart Freedom 20D combo
« on: April 16, 2012, 10:51:36 PM »
The Heart Freedom 20D combo is factory installed in my 98 Beaver Patriot that I have owned since year 2000. It has performed flawlessly until two months ago.

The "new feature" symptom is that when I disconnect the AC 50A shore power, the inverter LED's will flash "overload" and "battery". This has happened three times with one or both of the lights mentioned flashing. I have no reason to believe that I have any actual overload on the unit.  In all cases, at the remote panel above the entry door when I shut the inverter off and turn it back on then all is well and the unit works fine.

My questions are:
1. Has anyone experienced this symptom set?
2. When it happens again, what suggestions do you have on what to test for and what should I try?
3. Any other comments and advice are always welcome.

Larry Fritz
(408) 515-5957
larryfritz@att.net
Larry Fritz

Gerald Farris

Re: INVERTER - Heart Freedom 20D combo
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 04:06:41 PM »
I have never heard of the condition that you described, and I have no idea of what the cause might be other than an internal problem in the inverter. The only suggestion that I can give you is to call Xantrex (they purchased Heart) technical support. They may have an idea that will help you.

Gerald

LarryNCarolynShirk

Re: INVERTER - Heart Freedom 20D combo
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 03:46:00 AM »
Be sure there is good air circulation around the inverter.  I received an overload alert many times.  Finally discovered an air filter behind the inverter had clogged.  A new filter solved the overload alert problem.  The fans were not pulling air through the inverter.
This may not solve your problem, but overheating did set an overload alert on my coach.

Larry