Author Topic: surge tank  (Read 5993 times)

Dave Blystone

surge tank
« on: July 27, 2009, 03:58:34 AM »
thanks in advance   the surge tank for my radiator is missing all i have is a plug in the raditor where it used to be
  i think i read someplace where it is a ford tank can anybody confirm that  
  i have a 01 patriot 33 ft  if you could  take a pic and send it to me that would be great because i have no idea what the configuation is

Richard And Babs Ames

Re: surge tank
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 05:15:03 PM »
When I had ELC put in our motorhome at the local radiator shop the owner told me they could make the surge tanks about as cheaply as they could buy the plastic ones which are prone to getting brittle and cracking from the heat. He also stated they could put a sight glass to do an easy level check.  

You might want to try a local radiator shop in your area.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 09:44:17 PM »
The 2000-2002 Marquis used a Ford H.D. truck surge tank, but I am not sure what the Patriot used. When the surge tank in my 2000 Marquis cracked, Monaco parts gave me the Ford part number so I could buy one at the local Ford dealer.

I would suggest that you call Monaco parts or Beaver Coach Sales parts and either one of them should be able to help you locate a new tank.

Gerald

Bruce Benson

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 06:37:11 PM »
David-

The Ford part number is F6HG8A080B.  List price is around $175 my price was $144.66 about 9 months ago.  Any Sterling / Ford heavy truck dealer probably has them in stock or could certainly get them overnight.  (three at the dealer I went to and 32 in the Phoenix warehouse)

I do not think that this is what you want to use on your coach.  It is a pressure tank used in liue of a tank built into the radiator.  It has a pressure cap just like the radiator.  It is labeled a surge tank but it is nothing like the non pressurized one in your car or truck.  I have recently added a true non pressurized surge tank to my coach.  I bought it at a chain auto supply store.  

Bruce