Author Topic: Hurricane Heaters  (Read 5290 times)

Tom and Pam Brown

Hurricane Heaters
« on: July 28, 2009, 01:32:33 PM »
Just curious does anyone have a hurricane heater on their coach and what sort of trouble should i expect?

Gerald Farris

Re: Hurricane Heaters
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 03:08:53 PM »
The Hurricane heater is a fairly low maintance system. You will need to clean the nozzle and burner chamber about once every year or two, depending on how much it is used.

The useage will vary with the model of coach that you have (with or without an electric water heater), and the time (fulltimer or vacationer) and climate (warm or cold) that you travel in. Since you did not say what model of coach you have, there is an after-market add-on to the system that is very nice on some coaches. It is called a ComfortHot and if your coach does not have one, you may want to consider it.  

The original supplier for the Hurricane and ComfortHot is Rixen's Enterprises, and they are the best source for technical support and parts for your system. Since the Hurricane is obsolete, some parts are hard to get, but Jim Rixen can usually get one.

I have a copy of the technican traning tape for the Hurricane system, and the next rally I see you at, I will loan it to you.

Gerald  
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 03:34:12 PM by 235 »

Tom and Pam Brown

Re: Hurricane Heaters
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 01:04:10 AM »
Thanks Gerald, now if i can get the trac vision working and the dump valves adjusted i will have it made.....
By the way it is a 1999 beaver marquis tourmaline