Author Topic: Black box under jacknife couch on 2001 Marquis  (Read 5393 times)

Richard Cooper

Black box under jacknife couch on 2001 Marquis
« on: May 11, 2012, 02:15:53 AM »
I was trying to figure out how to use the jacknife sofa in my 2001 Marquis and in opening it up I see on the far left side under the bottom cushions a wooden black box.  I have no idea what this is, but the couch has a bottom front panel that same width which can be removed to expose it.  Is this box to be pulled out?  I wonder if it's a safe with $50,000 cash inside.   8)  Would be lovely to discover that.

I mention the $50,000 only because the sales manger of the nearby Newmar dealer told me that he took in an older Newmar coach on trade from a Canadian and the clean up crew discovered a shaving kit deep inside a kitchen cabinet.  It was given to the manager and upon opening it they counted nearly $55,000 in cash.  When they called the previous owner about it he said --- "oh I forgot about that"  ;D  and was very "generous" in his reward to the finder (a clean up woman making minimum wage).  He gave her $50.  No joke --- really!  I think she should have given her at least $1,000 if not more.

Also, there is a wire back of the couch coming out of the cabinet in which the ice maker is located.  I don't know what the wire is for (electrical wire) but it goes to this box or in the vicinity of it.

Anyone know off hand what all is here?

Jeremy Parrett

Re: Black box under jacknife couch on 2001 Marquis
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 02:29:12 AM »
Hi Richard,
  this sounds like the base resonator for the Bose Sound System.  Mine is located right behind the icemaker.

Dick Simonis

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 02:40:54 AM »
it does sound like it may be a sub-woofer.  I was told mine is somewhere under the sofa but, like so many other hings, I haven't seen it yet.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 05:13:49 AM »
Richard,
That is the sub-woofer to your Bose system.

Gerald
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 07:18:41 AM by 5 »

Richard Cooper

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 10:06:14 PM »

Also, found where the Boze radio would have plugged into electricity and a red/white audio cable.  Not sure what the audio cable is for --- are there speakers in the bedroom I haven't yet found?

The previous owner obviously kept the Boze radio.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 07:19:37 AM by 5 »

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 06:02:16 AM »
The audio cables plugged into the Aux input of the Bose radio to give better TV sound in the bedroom.

Larry

Richard Cooper

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 03:23:55 PM »
Further proof that Beaver went the extra mile to pamper its owners.  I'm impressed.