Author Topic: Microwave install  (Read 7437 times)

Tom Crowley

• BAC Member
Microwave install
« on: July 30, 2009, 08:19:37 PM »
We have a 2006 beaver Monterey, the microwave was not installed correctly.  The 2 bolts that hold the microwave to the top shelve were never installed.  Any suggestions as to how to install the bolts without destroying the woodwork?
2006 Monterey

Re: Microwave install
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 12:33:42 AM »
I also have a 2006 Montery.  The factory used two sheet metal screws that went through the bottom of the cabinet above the micro into the the metal cabinet of the mico.  The screws were pulling through the sheet metal and the mico was dropping.  I replace the screws with a bolt, fender washer and lock nut.  You need to remove the exhaust grill to do this.  An easy fix.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 01:15:14 AM »
Dennis-

The exhaust grill comes off easily?  I didn't closely look at that, though removing it occurred to me as an option.  If what you're saying is true, it sounds like those upper bolts actually carry weight.  My unit is in there solid as a rock, so perhaps my lag bolts penetrate the cabinet.

Now you've got my interest peaked.  I may go take off the grill for a closer look.
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 04:21:38 AM »
Joel
My problem started when I developed a continuous squeak which occured at the track that holds up the back of the mico when you tilt it in for installation.  Yes the lag bolts penetrate the metel cabinet and mine had stripped the metal which allowed the unit to drop slightly.  When I replaced them with the bolts and snugged up the front, it also raised the rear so that the track does not touch the unit.  No more squeak. :)

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 08:56:26 PM »
I guess our queens are all cut from the same mold.  I did spoil her and bought a folding stool.