Author Topic: '95 Marquis Saphire Wiring issue  (Read 11804 times)

David Lynch

'95 Marquis Saphire Wiring issue
« on: June 02, 2012, 06:15:41 PM »
We were cooking in the micr/conv oven, and we plugged a toaster oven in the same cct apparently.   Lost power but......Did Not trip circuit breaker or the GFCI outlet.  I have pulled all of the outlets to check for issues, nothing.  Could there be another fuse somewhere??  I have power at the panel on the load side of the breaker, but not at any of the outlets in the galley...stumped.  I figure we had 20-26 amp load on the 15 amp breaker..  we assumed the conv/micro was on a dedicated circuit.  Help
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 07:48:16 PM by 14 »

Dick Simonis

Re: '95 Marquis Saphire Wiring issue
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 06:52:24 PM »
When that happend to us the issue was a breaker on the inverter.

In our case with was the convection oven and a coffee maker.

David Lynch

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 07:49:20 PM »
Yes.. inverter breaker was tripped...reset...and stil no power at the galley outlets.....should i unplug from shore power and cycle the gen set????

Dave and MJ
Marquette, MI    

currently in Kansas

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 07:52:47 PM »
David,

Be sure to turn off the circuit breaker, then back on.  There is, on some coaches a breaker box in the bay, mounted on the ceiling of the bay near the inverter.

Larry
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:15:14 PM by 5 »

David Lynch

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 08:10:51 PM »
Thanks Larry

I'll check that too.

love this BAC Forum...some very helpful advice for this 8 months young Beaver Owner

David And MJ
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:15:44 PM by 5 »

Gerald Farris

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 08:36:49 PM »
David,
Check for a tripped breaker or ground fault in the basement. Many Beavers have another breaker box on the right rear ceiling of the basement or a ground fault plug in the right rear basement wall.

Gerald
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:17:09 PM by 5 »

David Lynch

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 08:44:17 PM »
Does anyone know the location of the first outlet after the breaker.   I must have missed it or can't locate it to verify voltage.

Edward Buker

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 11:08:38 PM »
Dave,

Does your coach literature include an AC schematic/wiring diagram. I thought in that era there is a good chance that they were included. If so they did identify the outlets and location if I remember right. My 89 Contessa had that kind of detail. Hopefully yours has that info.

Later Ed

Wayne Tull

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 01:11:16 AM »
Dave,

The inverters have pass through switches, so that when you're on shore power, that power goes through them and when shore power goes away the inverters will pickup (if they have battery power to them).  You might want to verify you have power coming out of the inverter.  I lost power to the inverter fed outlets due a bad twist connector at the first junction box on the output side of the inverter. Just more information.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 06:36:46 AM by 14 »

David Lynch

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 06:02:25 PM »
Made it home safe and sound.  Used an extension cord on our trip.  The most frustrating thing about this issue is I'm a electric distribution superintendent and this problem should be a no brainer.  I will check that too  I really appreciate all the helpful suggestions, unfortunately I don't have the wiring one line drawings to reference    

David Lynch

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 07:12:10 PM »
Opened up the inverter power good on both out puts.  All load side of AC and DC breakers powered up.  All other outlets are good except galley wall in and under cabinet outlets.  I don't have power coming into the gally GFCI outlet so there must be another GFCI between it and the panel.  The bathroom GFCI is a line in only, not feed through.  When I pull the drawers out I can see one outlet (non GFCI ) behind cabinets and a grey junction box with multiple feeds in and out.  I have to take the cabinet apart to get back there-angled wall.  GFCI on RR basement is powered up and I did not find any others there or in to engine area.  Any other ideas....
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 08:36:35 PM by 14 »

Edward Buker

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 04:10:14 AM »
Check the basement closely, mine has several there. Another GFCI on the frig cabinet wall by the floor. There may be one in behind the outside vent hatch that feeds the frig. Usually another gfci that feeds the microwave that could be involved.

Later Ed

David Lynch

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 08:02:09 PM »
Chased out the entire galley circuit down to the outlets under sink, now have my own one line.   No power between inverter (which has power coming outbound) and the first outlet on this circuit.  Man Beaver did a good job of hiding what is in between those.  If anything else I'm getting VERY acquainted with this coach.  

David Lynch

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 09:59:50 PM »
Found the problem finally.  It was in the first outlet off the inverter.  Wire was broken off at the crimp in the outlet.  Two days of checking and it ended up being an open hot leg.  
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:20:02 PM by 5 »

Edward Buker

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 11:13:04 PM »
Where was the outlet?...... good sleuthing.

Later Ed