Author Topic: Tires for 2001 Beaver 40JSP Marquis  (Read 26803 times)

Larry and Heidi Lee

Re: Tires for 2001 Beaver 40JSP Marquis
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2012, 07:00:53 PM »
Hi Richard, sounds like a good experience. Did you happen to notice the date code on the new tires?

If anyone knows of a reputable RV Michelin tire dealer in the Orange County California area please share

Bill Jourdain

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2012, 08:31:17 PM »
I know everyone here loves the Michelins and they are great tires - but expensive.  I've read nothing but great reviews about the Hankook AH12 tire, and they are not as expensive.  I have Hankooks on my car and had them on my class C before I got the Beaver.  I've never had problems with them.  Has anyone had a negative experience with the AH12 tire?  I'm due for new tires on my coach and am leaning in the direction of the Hankooks, but am also considering the Michelin brand.

Thanks.

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2012, 04:23:08 AM »
Pete's Road or Roadside Service is a great place to buy your tires.  They are also the fleet dealer for FMCA.  That should get you a better price.  I don't know the location in Orange County or LA County, but they are in Riverside and in Escondido.  Good luck.  Don't know the phone number and have very spotty service here in New York.
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Glenn Perkins

• BAC Member
  • 99 Marquis
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 03:42:39 PM »
Bill,

Earlier this summer, I replaced 5 year old Kumho's with Hankook AH12's on our 99 Marquis ... after just a few thousand miles, I have no complaints.  Only reason I did not put Kumhos back on was ... I couldn't find anyone that had any in the Western US to include the distributor in LA area.  The Kumho's were the best riding tires we ever had on the coach over it's 146K life ... much better than the Toyos.  Time will tell on the Hankooks but so far so good.

Dick Simonis

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 04:14:11 PM »
For what's it worth, like Glenn, we replaced our old tires with Hankook AH12 and are very pleased.  Interestingly, it took a couple of thousand miles to "break them in" and the handling vastly improved over the old Toyos.  The coach rides so much better and now tracks straight with very little steering adjustment.  Price-wise thay are tough to beat.