Author Topic: Samsung RF 197 Installation  (Read 11671 times)

Brad Burgess

Samsung RF 197 Installation
« on: June 12, 2012, 01:32:05 AM »
Hello All

I was asked by Mike and Judy in the "AGM Battery" thread about our Samsung fridge install.  I did the install myself with some "muscle" help for the heavy lifting.  The old Norcold and the new Samsung went out and came in through the front door.  I removed the passenger seat and the scissor stop on the front door so that the door could be folded all of the way forward. The doors on both fridges were removed before going through the front door of the coach - I was also able to leave the cooling unit on the Norcold.  The front anchors for the Samsung and the dolly to assist in installation are both pirated ideas from Bob Nodine on the IRV2 forum.  I used a different rear anchor system than Bob did.  In our coach we had a cabinet at the top of the Norcold that had to be sacrificed because of the increased height of the Samsung - in one of the photos you can see the replacement panel above the Samsung. I plugged the Samsung into the "ice maker" outlet from the Norcold since it was the outlet that is on an inverter supplied circuit (some relocation of the plugs was necessary.)  I inserted one inch styrofoam with an interference fit in the abandoned roof vent - I subsequently added mechanical keepers.

We had a Samsung fridge in the 03 Monterey that we sold and simply loved it - low battery use due to high efficiency, lots of storage space, ice cubes and hard ice cream!

I'm not sure how the sequence of photos will oct here but here goes - -

Mike Nunn

Re: Samsung RF 197 Installation
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 01:02:47 PM »
WOW!! Looks great. You did an awsome job. Thanks for the pics. Mike and Judy

Jimmy Garcia

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2022, 04:21:07 AM »
Awesome job.  You got the whole fridge up the steps alone is impressive.  What are you using for batteries and how long does it run on inverter?

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2022, 04:59:07 AM »
Non- Amazon source;

https://www.recubed.solutions/
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2022, 01:26:14 PM »
Folks,
Burgess and Nunn left the BAC and the Forum years ago. Note their posts are from 2012 and they are listed as guests. Thus they cannot post to the Forum.
Jimmy, my Samsung (RF18) ran fine on 4 wetcell cell batteries but I added 2 more to give me some margin. I normally run the geni in the AM to recharge the batteries in any case. Biggest concern with Samsung is the inverter. They don't a like modified sine wave, resulting in a fried SS control board. Also the Samsung had some design errors that would cause the reefer evap coils to freeze up in humid environments caused by the drain freezing shut. The fix was to install a longer heater tab in the drain hole. There are a number of uTube videos on this.
Steve
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 01:48:52 PM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp