Author Topic: Great Results at Bend Service Center  (Read 6951 times)

Bill Sprague

Great Results at Bend Service Center
« on: June 16, 2012, 05:32:01 PM »
Over the past couple of years, I've had a clunking sound near the right front wheel.  As first it was so slight I ignored it.  Gradually it became more noticeable.  

I took it to Holiday Motorhomes.  I had it looked at by a mobile repair at last years Golf Rally who said it was a slide roller that wasn't adjusted.  I had Marty crawl under with me and look for it.  I hooked a bungee to the step to be sure it was not a rattle from there.  I did the same to the slide out drive shaft.  For awhile I convinced it was coming from the genset.  Then, the licence plate.  I found a chunk of trim that was loose because the screws Beaver used broke off.   Nothing solved it.

It didn't make noise at highway speed.  It was the worst between 15 and 25 mph.  Roads with pavement patches produced the most noise.  

The noise was irritating, but it also worried me that there could be a bigger problem developing.  

Yesterday I was at the Bend Service Center.  Steve, a guy who has spent a lot of time under Beavers, went for a drive with me.  He recognized the noise and spent a couple hours adding some washers and tightening things up.  There was no guessing.  He knew what he was doing.  

The drive from Bend to Sisters was clunk free!

It is clear to me that the Bend Service center has the management, tools, skills and, most important, the people with the experience to get thing figured out and fixed on Beavers.  

It was a pleasure doing business with the Bend Service Center.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 05:21:43 AM by 14 »