Author Topic: Replacing HVAC Dash Blower  (Read 4033 times)

steve zannella

Replacing HVAC Dash Blower
« on: June 22, 2012, 09:41:37 PM »
Oh well I'm a little late on my spring maintenance, been putting stuff off for 2 years. Got motivated and ran into a show stopper.
Has anybody replaced their HVAC dash blower motor. My motor started making funny noises, got hot and tripped the relay a few times. So I bought a motor and tried to remove the drivers console but it would not budge. I removed drawers, doors and 3 screws. Can't find any more attachments. The driver side moves a little, passenger side wont budge. How hard do you have to yank on it?

Steve

Tom and Pat Fudale

Re: Replacing HVAC Dash Blower
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 01:11:12 AM »

I replaced my blower on my Monterey and had to remove part of the upholstered section of the dash and found more screws holding the right side of the paneling.This is attached to the paneling and cabinet and is all one piece. Not an easy job but is doable.

I replaced mine.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 05:14:46 AM by 14 »

Dennis Mecklenburg

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 03:06:07 AM »
If you have removed only 3 screws so far,  rest assured that there are at least 5-6 more that you need to find before the console will move and they are somewhat hard to find, hard to see, but they are there. When removing my console for the same job I found the console will not seem to even budge until that last screw is removed. Somewhat bomb-proof install, but half the screws will hold the console securely when you put it back. Good luck and keep on removing the screws !!!! Yanking on it before the last screw is removed will not help at all !!!!!
DM

Randy Perry

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 05:30:12 AM »
Yea, I had mine making a bunch of noise and would "trip out" on an overload or over-noise right when I really wanted it! I however, took the easy way out and had it replaced when I had the coach in for other maintenence  ;)