Author Topic: FLOJET WATER PUMP  (Read 4700 times)

LEAH DRAPER

FLOJET WATER PUMP
« on: July 21, 2012, 03:03:21 PM »
I did not use my Beaver last winter, but of course kept things warm and cozy so no freeze ups, but did not leave the water pump energized.  Yesterday in doing some cleaning etc, when I needed some water I turned on the pump, however it seemed like it did not want to turn off after building pressure.  It pumped water, but did not shut off until I turned off the pump.  The tank guage indicated it was about 1/4 full.  Have I damaged the pump and need to replace?

any thoughts?

Gerald Farris

Re: FLOJET WATER PUMP
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 06:01:30 PM »
Leah,
From your description, it sounds like the pressure switch on your pump has failed. If so, there is nothing that you did that would have caused this failure and it would be just a coincidence that it failed at this time.

There will need to be some troubleshooting preformed before you condemn the water pump. For instance, if you left the water tank fill valve open, it will cause the same symptom. Check all valves for proper orientation, add more water to the tank to be certain that it really does have water in it and you do not just have an inaccurate tank gauge on an empty tank. Then be certain that there is no air in the water pump or lines. You need to check for any external water system leaks as well.

Gerald  

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 03:47:29 PM »
GERALD,
Thanks as always, I found the problem.....the ice maker control valve obviously froze in the outside back of the fridge and I discovered it spraying water everywhere.  I got it turned off with the valve nearby and cleaned up the mess.  I am not certain how to replace it myself so have someone coming tomorrow to check it and replace it.  Hopefully I can learn by watching etc.  The attached tags indicate it is protected from freezing.  What ever that is supposed to be didn't work.

The only other problem I have is that very fragile ribbed white plastic line that comes down from the upper part in back of the fridge.  I think it may be a defrost drip line.  That is what I need replaced.  I can't believe that there isn't something better and less fragile than what was used.  If you can determine what I am describing, do know of anything better than that?  

I am planning a visit to BCS in Bend in September so can have that resolved then, but I can't believe Monaco could not
have found something better.

The water pump seems to behaving as it should NOW.

Gerald, you always take care of a lady in distress......THANK YOU AGAIN.

Leah

Bill Sprague

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 04:11:17 PM »
Quote from: LEAH DRAPER
...........The only other problem I have is that very fragile ribbed white plastic line that comes down from the upper part in back of the fridge.  I think it may be a defrost drip line.  That is what I need replaced.  I can't believe that there isn't something better and less fragile than what was used.  If you can determine what I am describing, do know of anything better than that?  

On mine, there are two plastic tubes.  One is the icemaker feed tube that you clearly have found.  The other is a drain for the drip tray under the fins inside the refrigerator, not the freezer.   There is no pressure on it, so it does not have to be very robust.  

Oddly, on mine one day in about the fifth year of ownership, I found the drip tray full of water.  Beaver left a plug in the line that should have been removed when the motorhome was built.  That suggests that the drain only is active in humid climates and evaporation may be all that is necessary.   In other words, unless there is an obvious problem, the ribbed white plastic line can probably wait until you get to BCS.

The freeze protection on the valve is based on the small wires wrapped around the valve.  They create heat if the coach has power.  If you winterize and don't plan on keeping it plugged it, you have to unscrew the hose fitting on the valve without breaking the feed line or messing up those wires.  

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 01:25:37 AM »
Hey Bill,
Thanks for your comments. Yes I have learned a lesson abut the water solenoid valve.  Hopefully next time, I'll remember to disconnect and blow out water.  I have sorta patched the other white drip line and hopefully it will make it to BCS.  I realize it  doesn't need to be a pressure line, but the heat from the back of the refrig has made it VERY brittle and it just crumbles when touched.  There has to be a better solution.  
Leah