Author Topic: Satellite Cable  (Read 3696 times)

Brad Burgess

Satellite Cable
« on: July 21, 2012, 06:12:48 PM »
Hello All

Am about to install a Winegard Trav'lr antenna and was wondering if Monaco had prewired the coax to somewhere under the roof - there are coax cables in the front electronics cabinet labeled satellite and so I am hoping to be able to use them if I knew the location on the roof to look for.

Thanks,

Brad Burgess

Bill Sprague

Re: Satellite Cable
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 03:57:11 PM »
My Beaver came with a sticker on the roof suggesting there were wires under it.  When my KVH system was installed I asked the installer why he didn't put the dome where the sticker was.  He explained that the stickers were not reliably located nor was the coax used always the best.   His professional opinion was that the only good way to do it was to mount the dome in the front where he could easily run his own high quality coax.  

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 01:31:56 AM »
Interesting comment from the installer,  I was going to mention the signs I had seen on the roof, but then decided to let it pass.  Thats probably why when BCS tech's installed my Traveler, they ignored those signs and did it they way they felt best.   Just  saying........

Brad Burgess

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 03:04:47 AM »
Hello Bill and Leah

I installed the Trav'lr today.  When I got up on the roof (for the first time with this coach) I saw the sticker identifying the location of satellite cables.  I also decided to use the cable that came with the antenna so did not access the existing cables.  Really easy install (2 hrs) and works great!  Hardest part was getting the unit up the ladder to the roof.

Thanks for your input(s.)

Brad Burgess