Author Topic: TV Cabinet above driver.  (Read 16983 times)

Dick Simonis

Re: TV Cabinet above driver.
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 11:44:14 PM »
I just started converting the TV today.  The PO had installed a Visio 26" LCD but in the orginal position it's a bit tough to view when lounging on the sofa.  I'm not going to modify the cabinetry as that is WAY out of my skill set so what I'm going to do is install an articulating arm mount attached to the inside right wall of the cabinet so the TV will pull out and move right.  If this is successful, my next step will be to install a 32" LED (perhaps a 2" thick Visio).  I figure that just nesting the TV on the front of the cabinet for travel should work.  I won't be able to open the one overhead cabinet door but I think with unlatching the TV the right side it should swing out if I do need access.

What to do with the open space when the TV is in the view position is unclear at this time.  I won't be able to do much as the arm will need a fair amount of space to swing.

The other item of small concern is the front Bose speaker.  It will be behind the TV and I have no idea if that will be a problem or not.  Put that on the wait and see list.

Bill Jourdain

Re: TV Cabinet above driver.
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 04:22:50 AM »
Dick -  I did a similar retrofit with an articulating arm. I mounted two panels in the opening where the old analog tv was located and mounted the arm to the lower panel.  Photos of this project are here:

http://forum.bacrallies.com/m-1344801373/s-2/#num2

We are very pleased with the viewing angle we now have from the sofa.

Good luck!