Author Topic: Electric Windshield drape motor  (Read 10278 times)

Phil Sales

Electric Windshield drape motor
« on: November 05, 2012, 05:09:03 PM »
I have a 2000 Marquis, with the electric windshield drape. Today, as I opened it, the motor enclosure broke loose. I took it out and found the plastic box is broken in many places, and completely irreparable. The only info. on the whole system, is a tag that says AM Source International, and their phone has been disconnected. They are probably out of business.
Has anyone else had this problem?  And any luck in finding replacement parts?
Thanks, Phil
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 07:36:30 PM by 14 »

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Electric Windshield drape motor
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 07:58:20 PM »
Phil,
Try Northwest RV Supply
http://www.nwrvsupply.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Glenn Perkins

• BAC Member
  • 99 Marquis
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 03:10:36 PM »
Phil,

Ours gave out a few years back and I was able to "hold it together" using a couple large wire ties and remounting it behind the side valence in our 99 Marquis.  But as the track began to bind this past year, I gave up the electric operation and fabricated am manual system.  I took the curtain down and removed the track strap the motor used to open and close the curtain and then reinstalled the rail with the rollers and no tracking strap.  I then fabricated an oak hand rod and attached it to the leading curtain roller mechanism.  This works fine now and since we only use the curtain to shade the driver's area - who cares if it is manual or electric?  Particularly since we have a Sungard windshield shade outside plus a full width (96") room darkening, pleated shade mounted on the inside.

Best
Glenn

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 09:33:40 PM »
Try Beaver Coach Sales Parts Department in Bend, OR.  Phone number is on home page.
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Dave Cunningham

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 04:07:16 PM »
I had , and still have the same problem , except that my motor was missing when I got the coach (2000 marquis) when I was at BEaver coach in Oregon a few months ago, they had two of the drive motors left in stock, they are $ 500.00 , give Keith a call , in parts.

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 03:38:36 PM »
Mine is held together with "duct tape".  I will revert to 'hand' operation when the box disintigrates.

Jill Stevens

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 04:23:14 AM »
I could be wayyyyy off base, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that a windshield wiper motor could be used as a replacement.  Of course, that would probably take some fiddling but if you are handy?  Just a thought. $500?  Yikes.  Manual would also work for me at that cost.  I hope you figure out a solution that works for you.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 03:05:03 PM »
Jill,
I can not remember a wiper motor being used as a replacement for a windshield drape motor, however the retractable step motor on many coaches can be easily replaced with an automotive wiper motor.

Gerald

Dick Simonis

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 03:49:02 PM »
Are there any pics/data available of this motor??  Since we have one also (haven't yet figured our how to access it) I would be curious to see if a replacement can be located.  Lot's of fractional HP motor on the market and I have a tough time believing that the manufacturer had one custom built for this application.

Mandy Canales

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 11:33:50 PM »
Dick...Have you tried Northwest RV Supply?  They seem to have a lot of spare parts left over when Beaver was Beaver and now possibly Monaco Beavers.  They are very good to help you solve a spare part location.  Phone # 866-6 RV SHOP or if you are local it's 541-746-9092.  Our windshield drapes pull open and close from the center of the windshield and haven't had any problems with it for the past 22 years.   :)  Good luck[size=14][/size]
Mandy Canales
90 Beaver Marquis 40'
Cat 3208
Charter Member
Apple Valley, CA