Author Topic: high pressure air outlet for tire inflation etc  (Read 4610 times)

Jeremy Parrett

high pressure air outlet for tire inflation etc
« on: November 13, 2012, 11:53:25 PM »
Does anyone know what size the high pressure air outlet in the service bay on my Marquis is?  I need to buy the air hose and tire inflator kit.

Steve Jewell

Re: high pressure air outlet for tire inflation etc
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 12:31:42 AM »
The main air line connection 1/4 inch pipe thread. I think the Milton coupler M style is the best (this is what it should have came with new). Make sure you get a short brass 1/4 inch nipple with the kit. Somtimes when you remove the connector the nipple comes out somtimes it will not. make sure there is no air in tanks before you remove it.

Steve

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 02:55:42 AM »
Yes...  I bought a 2004 Marquis in August and had to replace the quick connector to the air supply.  I went to Home Depot.  I purchased all the things, including a 50 ft air line, so I could fill tires and blow out the water system for winter.  If you plan to use your coach air supply for winterizing, then you should get a pressure regulator.  I think the manual advises 45 lbs max.  After I got everything installed I wrapped the quick connector with duct tape to keep it clean from roadborn dirt and moisture.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 07:20:38 PM »
Thanks Steve and David.  Napa here in Livingston TX had the parts.