Author Topic: levelling problem  (Read 5224 times)

Jeff Watt

levelling problem
« on: November 13, 2012, 11:20:47 PM »
I have an issue which, while not imminently critical, is something I'd like to try and figure it out.

The coach has been in my shed for a month with the slides in. Today I decided to extend the slides and although it had settled a bit, the leveling systems said it was in travel mode. So I extended the slides. Then selected the auto-level button (air leveling) and it beeped and nothing happened. Suspected it was low air, so I started it (though it is inside I opened the man door) but it will not air-up; front or back. in hindsight I probably shouldn't have extended the slides.  

I haven't had this happen with this coach; previous coach sometimes it took a small movement to get it to air-up as if the bags needed to re-seat.

Oddly when leveling system is on, it shows that it is in travel mode when clearly it is not. Now the slides are out and although I am not needing to retract them for a while, I'd like to get it air'd up so then it will auto-level and eventually  so I then can get it into travel mode.

I don't really want to retract the slides and drive it as 1) may not be good for the unit to retract slides when not in travel mode, ie. air'd up, and 2) I don't want to open the big door and go outside as it is -10C.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Jeff
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 11:39:38 PM by 6566 »

Sean Donohue

Re: levelling problem
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 12:30:32 AM »
So it won't air up according to the gages? Have you tried to use the manual mode?

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 01:42:44 AM »
Jeff,
Your air leveling system has an electric air compressor that should come on if the leveling system needs more air to level the coach, so starting the coach engine should not be necessary.

You said that the coach did not air up. Did you mean that the tanks did not fill according to the dash pressure gauges, or did the tanks air up but not the air bags? The other question is how long did you wait since it sometimes takes up to 5 minutes to fully inflate the suspension?

Gerald

George H. Wall

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 01:00:19 PM »
Maybe -10C has something to do with it!!!   Henry

Jeff Watt

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 01:25:58 PM »
Gerald, Sean

When I parked it, I did not select auto level as I did not put the slides out; I don't think the electric compressor runs unless the unit has been placed in level mode? In any event it won't go into level mode.

I guess that is another question - can (should) the unit be placed into auto level when the slides are still in?

The tanks were not airing up. I'll try again later, but I had run it for a a few minutes.

Thanks,

Jeff

Ps. Henry, it is inside a heated shed.

Jeff Watt

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 02:34:11 PM »
Solved!

It seems that after trying a new air hose on the external air connector, the connector stayed open.....

The other post on the forum about the external air connector had me thinking - subconsciously.  I guess the lesson learned is to make sure the connector is closed after use.

Thanks,

Jeff