Author Topic: Leaking Hydraulic Leveling Fluid  (Read 4295 times)

Gary ENGEN

Leaking Hydraulic Leveling Fluid
« on: December 21, 2012, 04:47:05 PM »
I have a 1996 Beaver Patriot (300 CAT engine) that has recently started leaking fluid at vicinity of the passenger side rear leveling jack. Not sure exactly where leak is coming from but quick look underneath appears to be coming from inside the jack itself (looks like a big shock absorber). I will be taking it to my local RV dealer (currently on holiday break) but my 1st question now is, "where is the hydraulic fluid reservoir located on my Beaver motor home? I'd like to check it to see if the fluid is low.
Gary Engen
Augusta, GA
'96 Beaver 33' Patriot

George H. Wall

Re: Leaking Hydraulic Leveling Fluid
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 05:07:05 PM »
The fluid cyclinder for my jacks is above/behind the right rear wheel, a small reservoir, holds about a pint or less.

Gary ENGEN

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 05:12:13 PM »
Thanks George; mine might be different but I'll check there to see.
Gary

Bill Sprague

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 05:36:30 PM »
On mine, the levelers share with the front slide hydraulics and is behind the entry steps.  

Bob McCORMACK

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 09:11:11 PM »
I recently had to install new seals in the two rear cylinders on my 95 patriot.   If the fluid is running down the strut which comes down out of the cylinder then you will need new seals.    You can identify which cylinders you have on your unit by going to this link.

http://www.powergearus.com/products/leveling-systems

I found the kits on ebay for a very reasonable price.   They aren't cheap but include a lot of parts, not just the seal.  It takes someone with experience in these type of cylinders to rebuilt them.

Bob