Author Topic: Electrical  (Read 3487 times)

David Portesi

Electrical
« on: January 13, 2013, 06:35:10 PM »
I am new to the forum.  Purchased a 2005 Beaver Marquis two years ago. The problem that I am having is none of the 12 volt electrical is working on the coach. The coach is presently hooked  up to shore power and the inverter seems  to be working fine. All the 120 volt outlets have power ( microwave,  refrigerator ). The door locks and the Alladen work fine. I did have a solenoid replaced about a year ago and am wondering if it may be the same problem. Question is  how to test the solenoid ?( it does have two fuses on each side of the solenoid that I removed and they look good). None of the 12 volt brakers are tripped on the fuse panel in the coach.

Thank You
   David and Sharon Portesi

Gerald Farris

Re: Electrical
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 02:06:22 AM »
David,
The first thing to check is the "salesman" switch by the front door. It activates a latching relay that controls a solenoid in the battery bay that all of the interior 12V is routed through. The "salesman" switch is commonly tripped by accident as people go in or out the front door.

Gerald  

David Portesi

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 09:29:32 PM »
Gerald

Thank you for the response to my question. That's just what it was (that switch at entry door). This may have been a good  idea but bad location for the switch. I read the BAC forum a lot and get lots of usefull infomation. This  my first experience with a RV this complicated but with a lot of reading I hope to be able to get through the difficultes.
  Thanks again
   Dave

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 10:40:34 PM »
Dave-

Enter "salesman switch" in the Search box function at the top of this Forum, and you will find plenty of previous discussions re. that troublesome switch, for your reading pleasure, plus a permanent preventive solution if you feel the ambition.   ;)

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat