Author Topic: Entry Door Adjustment  (Read 3324 times)

Kim Ireland

Entry Door Adjustment
« on: January 14, 2013, 10:04:41 PM »
Entry door on our 2003 Patriot is getting hard to open from outside.  Top of door is recessed about 1/4 in inside door frame while bottom extends about 1/4 in outside of door frame.  Has anyone had experience adjusting alignment on this door?  Do the hinges need to be removed and/or replaced?

Kim

Les Marzec

Re: Entry Door Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 10:52:04 PM »
Kim

I had the same problem on my 03 Patriot last year.  What I found on mine, was that the rivets that hold the hinge on top of the door had worked loose.  I drilled out the rivets and replaced the hinge and that fixed it. The single rivet on the hinge had worked loose as well. I got the hinge from Monaco, but I think Beaver Sales in Bend have them for about the same price.

This fix worked for me.  Yours may be different.

Les Marzec

Kim Ireland

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 03:30:37 AM »
Les,

Thanks for feedback.  Will check rivets in upper hinge.

Best,

Kim

Kim Ireland

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 07:57:35 AM »
Progress report on correcting entry door.  Discovered screen door latch on door frame had bent slightly inward causing difficult closure.  Bent it back to original position and now both screen and solid entry doors are closing and opening easily.....even though there still is some slight misalignment from top to bottom.  We'll call it good for now :)

Kim