Author Topic: Dicor fiberglass roof paint  (Read 13525 times)

LEAH DRAPER

Re: Dicor fiberglass roof paint
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 07:13:55 PM »
THANKS ED FOR YOUR COMMENTS..  I was somewhat skeptical, but thought I ask and see what people knew or thought.  I tend to agree with you on this.

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 11:34:56 PM »
Leah,
We had our roof covered with the rhino covering.  It is white and has worked quite well.  Only dirt runs after the rains show and they wash away quite nicely.
Roy
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Gerald Farris

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 07:15:20 AM »
The Rhino coating (bed liner) is a recommended coating in some cases like when a coach has a porous roof that has flaws were the fiberglass is too thin or has hail damage causing hair line cracks. The thicker, flexible, and more durable coating can seal and prevent leaks in these types of roofs.

Gerald

Steven Link

• BAC Member
    • whitehousevet.com
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 01:25:52 PM »
Has anyone ever used or heard of this product called Buskote?  http://www.hytechsales.com/prod2150.html

Steven
Steven & Penny Link
Springfield, TN
2009 Marquis,  Cat C-15

Brad Burgess

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 01:44:03 AM »
I did our 03 Monterey in BusKote.  Very expensive and very effective at heat reflection and eliminating the chalking and white drips on the side of the coach.  Done properly it is a four coat process and too much work for me again.  I am going to use the Rustoleum Marine Fiberglass Deck Paint on my 06 Monterey.  Designed for fiberglass AND the marine environment (which I feel is much more harsh than the environment our coaches live in) I am comfortable using it instead of the BusKote.  Personal preference only, I am not comfortable with the thicker, elastomeric type coatings.

Brad Burgess
06 Monterey

Keith Oliver

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 02:28:08 PM »
Richard:

I used Mop & Glow on the hull of my boat, to keep the yellow mustache under control.  I discontinued its use when it started to build up and was nearly impossible to get off.  It goes grey.