Author Topic: Valences: ideas wanted  (Read 26180 times)

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Valences: ideas wanted
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2013, 11:56:53 PM »
Sorry Keith.  It can be frustrating without easily available appropriate programs.  I have PhotoStudio 5.5 and Roxio Creator, each useful depending on the task.  I can also use Windows Photo Gallery, the included Picture sorting program on my Vista laptop.  If you wish when you have time, try the following:

Programs > Windows Photo Gallery, and open the photo you want to resize.
At the top right choose the "Open" menu, which drops down.  A list of available programs that can be used to work with the image is there.

If Windows Live Photo Gallery is one of them, you can click on that.  Then at the upper left of the window that opens, pick "Edit, organize, or share".  Then Under the Edit tab select "Resize".  There you can choose from some smaller sizes or pick a custom number.

Another program that may be on the list of available programs in the "Open" menu is Microsoft Office Picture Manager.  This one is designed for just what you want to do, shrink image size for emails or web posts.
With your picture open in that one, you simply choose the Edit Pictures button at the top, then "Compress Pictures" at the bottom of the box that opens along the right margin.  Then in the case of images for the BAC Forum or other website, choose "Compress for: Web pages".  Click OK, then under the upper left File menu, select Save as and in the File name field, add the word "copy" so it will be saved next to the original rather than totally replacing it.

Not knowing what all is on your system, I'm not sure what other options you have available.  It should be easier to resize for posting on websites, like my email program that automatically downsizes attachments if I so choose.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2013, 12:38:19 AM »
Try placing your cursor on what you want to copy, and right click.  Look for the save as.

Larry

Keith Oliver

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2013, 01:09:11 AM »
Steve:

Windows Vista Home premium.

I tried your suggestions, but alas, no "save as" or similar anywhere i have looked.
On other projects at the moment, but thanks for the help.

Keith Oliver

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2013, 04:19:17 AM »
trying again:

The picture of the finished A pillar didn't work, It is simply a piece of 1/8" ABS plastic bent to a 90 degree angle and cut to fit th espace, then covered with matching fabric.  It actually looks good.

Now on to the new valences!  I am thinking I will copy some I have seen in a Foretravel, as those look best and easy to make.  This won't occur until I get home for the summer, where I have access to a decent wood shop.