Author Topic: IDS levelling problem  (Read 19222 times)

Edward Buker

Re: IDS levelling problem
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2013, 06:01:34 PM »
Dave,

Ken was right, I did buy my 02 from Ty up in Bend and I have the upmost respect for that crew and the collective skills that they have.  I was an engineer at one time, now retired, and living in coastal AL right near Pensacola FL. I wish Bend was closer at times when I get myself in trouble on my coach :-) We are very lucky as Beaver owners to still have factory folks on the job at BCS.

The real forum knowledge base and wisdom holder on these coaches is Gerald. He is remarkable with the excellence of his advice and probably even better with tools in his hands but I have never had the luck to have witnessed that. He can probably get something apart without rapping his knuckles like I do :-)

I have some knowledge of the electrical end of things and I enjoy projects and making improvements but there are whole regions of this coach that are still mysteries to me that I'm reluctant to poke very far into with the skills that I have.

It was good to see you have a victory and share what you have learned.

Later Ed

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2013, 06:16:16 PM »
David - The weeping hole covers I received from BCS didn't work.  And yes, these were the newer streamlined style, as opposed to the older box-like style.  The little prongs that hold the covers on were positioned correctly for the weeping hole dimensions, but the prongs were not long enough to lock the covers into place.  I could get the covers into position and they would hold on, but all I had to do was give an easy finger push and off they would go.  Like I said, the prongs were not long enough to penetrate into the hole and lock into place.  There'e no way they would have held on in the wind driving down the road and highway speeds.

Soooo... I'm waiting for Mike in parts to find the correct covers to fit my coach, and get back to me.  Did you keep your old box-like covers?
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Dave Cunningham

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2013, 07:33:34 PM »
David,

Make sure that you are installing them on their respective , right side of the coach, they are directional, and I put a couple on the wrong way, and wondered why they didn't fitproperly, maybe yours are different , but I can' imagine them making more than one type, and your window frames are most certainly the same as mine.
I didn't keep my old ones because they were all missing.
I was amazed at what a difference those things make for wind noise, I have never really worried about them before , but once I installed them, what I thought was a leaking windshield seal, was about 90% gone.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2013, 03:11:50 AM »
David - As I said, these new ones are streamlined, so the end pointing forward does not having an opening, but the end pointing backward is open - right?  And on the underside they are labeled with an R and L.  I just tried mounting one again.  I can barely get them into the slits... and the rear prong does not hold tightly thus allowing me to, in my opinion, too easily remove it.  I think I will just sit tight and let the issue age for a week or so... to think about it before doing something silly.  It seems doing things too quickly just adds to problems and cost.  Yes, I have been reading your posts... every one with great excitement.   lol
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Dave Cunningham

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 03:29:15 AM »
Hey David , I just got back from working on the Moho, and I had a look at those things while I was there, they seem to be quite secure, way better than the old style anyway. I just can't understand why yours would be different, you could always glue them on.

Dave

Keith Oliver

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2013, 03:55:08 PM »
"glue them on"  Ha!

SOme misguided PO used up a tube of silicone on those little covers on my coach.  Another example of where silicone should never be used on a Motorhome! (or anywhere else outdoors).