Author Topic: Xantrex SW2512Mc  (Read 6023 times)

David Portesi

Xantrex SW2512Mc
« on: April 02, 2013, 02:18:06 AM »
I know there has been a lot of posting on the  Xantrex Inverters on the Forum but hope to have a couple of questions answered. The headings on the Remote viewing panel, located over the entry door of my coach is giving me fits. My first question, on the menu heading (1-8) #1 there are four choices that can be selected OFF SRCH ON CHG which one should be used when the coach is connected to shore power? The second question is when do you use SRCH (search mode) and when do you use CHG (charge mode) ? The green LED on the Remote indicates that it is in Float Mode all the time and Aladen System indicates the house batteries are charging at 13.5-13.9, is this correct? When I read the batteries with a Volt Meter they read 12.6 to12.9. My coach is a 2005, Marquis with new coach batteries (6 Lifeline six volt). The chassie batteries (Lifeline 2 -12 volt deep cycle) came with the coach and may need to be replaced. Should the chassie batteries (GPL-2400T) be deep cycle or can I replace them with series 31 with the same CCA 845?       Thank You Dave
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 06:04:16 PM by 6586 »

steve zannella

Re: Xantrex SW2512Mc
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 06:25:14 PM »
Dave

When i'm plugged in i leave it on chg mode your setup menu will determine how much time the charger will be on bulk and absorb charge. i think the default is 2 hours then the inverter will switch to float. if you manually check the house batteries you should see 14.3 in bulk charge and them 13.5 in float mode. The chassis batteries will also charge but at a lower voltage typically 13.5. My beaver owners manual states that the batteries will not properly charge unless in chg mode. I don't know if this is actually true because i've seen 13.5 volts when in srch and on mode. the srch mode allows you to conserve battery power when the inverter is on and low power consumption is detected and on modes provides 110 volt power regardless of your power source chg mode provides 110 volts when connected to shore power or generator and provides the 3 stage charging of your batteries.

I always manually read the battery voltage because i've noted different voltage readings from the inverter as you have noted.

This is the little bit of information i know, hope it helps you.

Steve

David Portesi

Re: Xantrex SW2512Mc
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 07:28:17 PM »
Steve

Thank you for the infomation. I just put the setting on CHR on the menu heading #1. I thought that I read the Charging Cycles every 24 hr. I will keep an eye on the readings and hope the batteries charge to over 14v. At the present time , the Green light indicates it is in float mode and the Aladden reads 13.6v, I am sure if I read the batteries with a meter they will read 12.8. Thanks again for info.

Dave