Author Topic: body movement, 03 Marquis  (Read 4536 times)

William Harrison

body movement, 03 Marquis
« on: March 28, 2013, 09:15:18 PM »
 Since I purchased this coach a little over 2 years ago I have had 3 broken windshields.  I am sure this is caused by the body shifting relative to the
frame.  On the way to the dirt track in N. Carolina whenever I went around a bend in the road I could see daylight around the center windshield
post.  Then when I was parked I tried manually levelling the coach and I allowed the right front to go below the left too far and I heard a loud crack
and the left side of the driver's window shattered.  I had it replaced then subsequently raised the tag axle whenever I levelled the coach. The auto
level works fine but the aux pump never comes on after I shut off the engine. I know the pump works and I sent the control box back to HWH for
repair then I took the coach to their service center in Elkhart and they confirmed that the pump works, just not automatically.  I suspect I have more than one problem but if the aux compressor worked automatically I wouldn't be so leery of leaving the coach levelled instead of having to dump all the airbags.

John Hennessey

• BAC Member
Re: body movement, 03 Marquis
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 03:08:56 AM »
I'm afraid Monoco doesn't have a clue about these leveling systems on the 03 Marquis.  They couldn't fix mine although they told me it was fixed and finally I took it to Bend.  There are only 2 places that I know that can fix the issue.  One is Bend,  and the second is Jason at SunBum Rv in Yuma
John & Linda Hennessey
2023-Thor Omni Class C
2011-2023 - 2003 Marquis

Adam Hicklin

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 06:36:35 AM »
William, I don't know where you are, but 3T's RV in Lake Havasu City, AZ is a master HWH service center.  They diagnosed and fixed a hydraulic problem for me quickly and at a reasonable price.

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 01:42:52 PM »
Lazy Days in Tampa, FL. You do have to ask them for up dates often though. Alliance Coach (one of our sponsers) in Wildwood, FL has a lot of the old Beaver/Monaco factory service guys also and are easier to deal with.

John Hennessey

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 05:13:25 PM »
I just got to thinking are you having trouble with your HWH air leveling or the IDS hydraulic leveling?
John & Linda Hennessey
2023-Thor Omni Class C
2011-2023 - 2003 Marquis