Author Topic: Exterior Button  (Read 6161 times)

Gary Winzenburger

Exterior Button
« on: April 11, 2013, 02:12:06 AM »
Does anyone know what the little push button is for that is located on the outside of the coach near the entry door just above the grab bar on our Beaver Marquis. It has the Beaver logo and is lit when the porch lights are on. My wife thinks it's a door buzzer, but nothing happens when it's pushed. Thanks!

Tom and Pam Brown

Re: Exterior Button
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 02:30:14 AM »
Doorbell!

I had to replace my ringer, got it at Radio Shack.

Gary Winzenburger

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 02:54:21 AM »
Thanks Tom. Where is it located?

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 11:41:28 AM »
Mine is located beside the passenger seat.  From the ground look inside the door just inside the door beside the seat.
Should have a black grill on the front on the passenger air control.

Keith Oliver

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 12:44:52 AM »
A doorbell?  On a Motorhome?  What other bells and whistles that I wouldn't dream of do those exotic Marquis have?

Dave Cunningham

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 12:53:52 AM »
I hope it is not the button itself, tried to fix mine when I was at Beaver coach and it had disintegrated inside , a new one is about $120.00, I just disconnected it, only another Beaver owner would know what it was anyway.

Gary Winzenburger

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 01:09:57 AM »
I looked today for the bell, but there's no grill near the passenger seat, but I'll keep looking. I'm not too worried about someone not using the door bell. Our dog lets us know when someone comes visiting.

Keith Oliver

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 02:50:31 AM »
put a sign over the button "press button to activate dog"

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 02:44:08 PM »
Keith
Love your suggestion for a doorbell sign.....my four legged doorbell however would have alerted me long before they could even read the sign.....wish my hearing was as good!!

Bill Sprague

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 03:20:06 PM »
Quote from: Keith Oliver
put a sign over the button "press button to activate dog"
When we were State Park Camp Hosts we missed too many "light knockers".  I found a $12 GE doorbell at Wal-Mart.  The button is battery powered.  Inside you plug it into any 120 outlet.  I had no idea how well it would activate the dog.  That's it's primary use now!

PS:  It hates modified square wave inverter juice.  Not the dog, the doorbell.  The first one partially melted.  

Gary Winzenburger

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 04:52:13 PM »
Good iea's. Our dog is friendly (famous last words!), but he will let us know when someone approaches our home, RV or the telephone is ringing. Only sign I want on our coach is "If you see this coach a rockin', don't c... a knockin"!