Author Topic: Fridge code ER 13  (Read 4815 times)

Sean Donohue

Fridge code ER 13
« on: April 25, 2013, 01:45:18 AM »
I have read a bit about this code. Fridge will still operate but the defrost drains are full of ice due to what appears to be a fault in the heat tape, which is the code's meaning from the book. The freezer is near empty and I am going to use a hair dryer to thaw and remove the ice from the drain. I read the tape can be a pain to replace... Any folks out there experienced with this yet.

Dometic two door 1402 model.

Mark Bryant

Re: Fridge code ER 13
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 12:29:47 AM »
Sean
Just replace heat tape last fall, er13, it's not a bad job but takes an hour or two!
I have down loaded the maintenance manual and parts list off the Domectic website for the model 1402 and was a great help.
Got the heat stripe from PPL, about $90 bucks.
I also found that the flex tube that goes into the refrig side did not have big enough hole at the end to let the water drain from the freezer side.

Hope this helps

Mark Bryant

Sean Donohue

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 04:30:17 PM »
Sure does, it was about what I had been reading but also read a couple of nightmares like the guy that pulled the fridge out and the tech guy that gave up trying. I had not heard about the tube before... Did you resize it somehow?

Thanks
Sean

John Fearnow

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 09:03:45 PM »
Just cut the tip of the tube off if it is like mine was.  Apparently when the fridge was installed the tube was sealed shut with silicone or other sealant and it wasn't opened at the factory.  Or maybe the first owner had closed it for some reason.  The collection tray inside the fridge has not frozen since opening the tube.  I don't know if the open tube raises the temp level inside the unit but I haven't noticed any problem.

John Fearnow
2002 Patriot-Thunder

Sean Donohue

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 11:33:52 PM »
Thanks folks! As soon as the Freezer is empty, which should be soon, I am tackling the problem.

Cheers