Author Topic: Battery replacement and tray  (Read 17628 times)

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Battery replacement and tray
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 08:54:46 PM »
Steve's right, John.  I see your last photo posted here was over 820kb all by itself, nearly at the 1000kb (1mb) limit.  You were lucky it made it in.  Get your photo size down to no more than a couple hundred kilobytes at most, using the document as per Steve's reference.

Joel  
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Ron Johnson

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 04:19:29 AM »
A few years ago I installed 6 Lifeline 'tall' 6s [900 amphrs] plus the starting batts all of which are AGMs. I removed the tray assembly entirely, sat them all of treated plywood, secured them with 'L'-brackets and as I don't have to water them nothing needs to be pulled in and out.

Edward Buker

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 05:21:50 AM »
I discussed the ECM power issue with Cat engineering at length and they did some research for us into the ECM design. Keith and his in-law are right, the ECM can be left without power without any issues. The small downside is that the ECM has to rewrite the information that was stored into memory when it was powered down, essentially reprogram the information that it had in order to come back up. There is a delay when "cold starting" the ECM vs leaving it powered up. It is under 20 seconds to write the info into memory and the ECM will be ready before we are ready to start up.

Beaver wired the coaches to maintain ECM power and it has never been clear why they did that.

Later Ed
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 02:52:54 PM by 910 »