Author Topic: No A/C power  (Read 6018 times)

Minor Cross

No A/C power
« on: November 30, 2009, 03:41:15 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2006 Monterey, 40', CAT C9, four slides.
When I went to turn on the Air Conditioner, nothing, just a blank display.  It worked fine a week ago while camping in Texas on our way to Mesa for the winter.  The circuit breakers are on ( and yes I turned them off and then back on).  All the DC connections in the left front compartment have power (at least the one's that are powered when sitting).  I also turned both master switches off and then back on to see if that would reset something (and it did not!).  The fuses in the powder room panel are all good. :(

What am I missing?  Are there other places to check for fuses?  The few wiring diagrams I've found seem to be a generic hook-up and nothing specific to our coach.  The reset procedure for the controller was tried on each control and together, same result - blank screen.

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas/etc.
Minor and Judy   Currently at VDO in Mesa, AZ

Richard And Babs Ames

Re: No A/C power
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 03:55:57 PM »
Check your battery voltage. Your thermostats work off of twelve volts. Be sure the charging circut is working. Ours has  tripped  a couple of times in the last ten years. Also all the 12 volts items in your coach works through the inverter/charger and then batteries so a bad cell can block the current.

Minor Cross

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 04:44:56 PM »
Thanks,
I have checked the batteries and they are all 13V +, and the charging system is ON, and in float charging.  The solar system is working and charging.  While checking the batteries with a VOM, I did see a box with 5 fuses???????   I checked, and all the fuses are good, didn't check to see if there was voltage so it may be associated with the engine.

Minor and Judy,
2006 Monterey, 40', C9

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 05:11:52 PM »
Be sure you have 12 volts to the AC unit and thermostat. Your owners manual should also have a trouble shooting guide.

Minor Cross

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 06:42:11 PM »
Fixed the problem!   :)

I called the local dealer and talked with the service mgr.  Turns out that I blew a fuse located in the potty room.
He said that the front door awning should be dead (and it was).
Of course, it looked good, but once I measured the voltage I found the dead fuse.  

I was labeled T-STATS / SAT POWER / TV BOOST   and dumb me---- I saw the Sat pwr/.TV boost and missed the t-stats

I looked at all the fuses, and they looked OK, but the measuring of the voltage confirmed that looks can be deceiving!
New fuse installed, thermostat works and so does the front door awning.

Thanks everyone for your ideas.  Hopefully you can learn from my oversight!    measure measure measure don't believe your eyes!

Minor and Judy
06 Monterey, 40', CAT C9  and working thermostats now!

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 07:28:25 PM »
Glad it was a simple fix. Glad the local dealer was knowledgeable and did not charge tell you how to fix. Did you buy the coach from them?

Tom Rogers

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 02:17:29 AM »
"just a blank display" ...Ass-ummmm you mean the stat. Are there displays for fan, heat etc? Meaning there's 12 volt available at the stat? It's just the "AC" that doesn't show?