Author Topic: wiper arm  (Read 4997 times)

Roger Bowton

wiper arm
« on: June 16, 2013, 07:06:20 AM »
I need a wiper arm for 06 Monterey.  The splines on  internal portion that sets over the post are worn off and the wiper does not  function. WE are on the road and was thinking that this might be  a standard part for trucks etc.. Any input would be appreciated.

Roger

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: wiper arm
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 10:40:51 AM »
The problem is that Monaco switched wiper suppliers in the vicinity of our model year, going with what turned out to be a lower quality product than they had been installing.  When my drivers wiper arm failed at the pillar post a year ago in a snowstorm, Beaver Coach Sales recommended replacing both arms with newer technology "Boomerang" style arms and blades, so I had them installed.  Although a bit shorter in length, they are supposed to be better built, and I can affirm they do a whole lot better job of clearing stuff from your line of sight.  They apparently don't make the OEM arm anymore anyway.  I'm not surprised.

I know this may not be the quick fix on the road you were looking for, but you asked for any input.  If you can wait until Monday, give Ken Carpenter at BCS a call then.  The arm was a "28WET" and the boomerang blade was a "28I", according to my service receipt.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Roger Bowton

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 01:26:59 PM »
Joel

Thanks for the quick reply.  I was hoping that they were a universal arm but it looks like I may have to do a temp. fix until we get home then go for the retrofit.

Thanks
Roger

Bill Sprague

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 11:36:54 PM »
Rain-X in the original formula can be a pretty good temporary fix.